We invited you to nominate and recognize as many inspirational Oregonians you know . You did so over 1200 times, 1234 to be precise. Thank you for allowing us to share the stories of your unsung heroes. We are humbled.
We give special thanks to the following nominators who recognized more Oregonians in their region than any others.
Central Oregon: TBD
Eastern Oregon: Sara Miller
Northern Coast: Jennifer Rasmussen
Portland Metro: Desaray Andexler
Southern Oregon: Amy Cuddy & Sarah Shelton (tie)
Willamette Valley: Karen Wells
We will now set to work to help recognize those whose work so often goes unnoticed, tell their stories, and build a growing network of people working together for the good of Oregon.
The Meyer Memorial Trust is creating a network of community-minded people to connect them and support them through capacity building. I am Oregon is the first step in building this network. Learn more about the impetus behind I am Oregon and Oregon Unlimited at http://www.mmt.org/blog/who-oregon-iamoregonorg.
Eligibility for Participants
In order to participate in 2012 I am Oregon nomination campaign, nominees and nominators must be: currently residing within Oregon state limits; 14 years or older; and the contribution of nominees must take place within the state of Oregon.
To be an eligible nominator, nominators must:
1. Be an Oregon resident, a minimum of 14 years of age or older.
2. Complete all required fields in the nomination form: nominator’s name and contact details, nominee’s contact details, and how the nominee inspires the nominator through their work.
3. Submit a brief written testament to the nominees’ work of community benefit by November 14, 2012, at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT.
4. Commit to attending the Oregon Unlimited Roadshow in their region.
*Each participant may nominate as many inspirational Oregonians as preferred.
To be an eligible nominee, nominees must:
1. Be an Oregon resident whose contribution takes place within the state of Oregon.
2. Be named in a nomination form submitted by another Oregon resident.
3. Commit to attending the Oregon Unlimited Roadshow in their region.
4. Should they become a finalist, provide additional information of the work for which s/he was nominated, including references.
Criteria for Participants
Oregon Unlimited will recognize all nominees and nominators of I am Oregon at the Oregon Unlimited Roadshow on February 2013.
Each nominee will have the opportunity to represent his or her region of Oregon and be selected as a Regional Representative. To ensure expedient decision-making at the Oregon Unlimited Roadshow, the audience will consider:
Within the pool of the fifteen most nominated Oregonians, those selected as a Regional Representative are nominees who:
For the purposes of I am Oregon, the state of Oregon has been divided into six regions that capture the unique character of place across the state.
|Round name||Starts on||Ends on|
|Submission round||October 1, 2012 @ 12:00 AM (PDT)||November 14, 2012 @ 11:59 PM (PST)|
|Judging round||November 14, 2012 @ 12:00 AM (PST)||February 28, 2013 @ 11:59 PM (PST)|